VISION, MISSION AND WORK CULTURE
VISION, MISSION AND WORK CULTURE
The vision, mission and objectives of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences UNS are determined based on very realistic considerations by taking into account the vision and mission of the university. The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences UNS has a very strong desire to become a faculty with local and national excellence as well as in a global context, with the mission of implementing the Tri Dharma of Higher Education which contributes to regional and national development, and leads to increasing global competitiveness. In addition, the vision and mission that have been selected and determined are also future orientations towards a better direction. To be able to realize the noble ideals contained in the vision, mission and objectives of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Sebelas Maret University (UNS), every form of planning, both at the Faculty, Study Program and laboratory levels, is always prepared based on the vision, mission and objectives of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences of UNS.
“To become an excellent educational institution in the field of basic and applied sciences with international reputation by 2030.”
Based on this vision, the Faculty of MIPA UNS mission can be formulated as follows:
- Organizing high quality education and teaching in the fields of basic and applied science.
- Conducting research based on the development of basic and applied science.
- Organizing community service oriented from research results.
- Organizing professional faculty management
To carry out its mission, Faculty of MIPA UNS sets the direction of development goals as follows:
- Producing professional graduates in scientific disciplines
- Producing research products that are useful for the development of science and technology.
- Producing Community Service (P2M) programs that are beneficial to the community.
- Realizing a credible, accountable and transparent governance.
In order to realize the Vision, Mission, Goals, and Basic Values, the entire academic community agreed to inflame the joint spirit of UNS BISA “UNS ACTIVE Work Culture, Internationalization, Synergy, Acceleration towards World Class University”.
Since UNS established in 1976 until now has experienced various dynamics of development and has made various efforts to become one of the leading universities. Various programs, policies and activities have been carried out on an ongoing basis to face the challenges of global change that continues to move fast, dynamically, interdependently and complexly. Currently, UNS has become one of the most respected public universities in Indonesia and is increasingly strengthening its steps towards World Class University (WCU). This has been proven by various proud achievements both at the national and international levels.
Various steps taken in order to increase the capacity of UNS as an autonomous, accountable, and highly competitive university have been carried out in line with obtaining recognition as a Government Agency that implements the Financial Management of Public Service Agency (PK-BLU) based on the Decree of the Minister of Finance Number 52/KMK .05/2009 dated 27 February 2009.
In 2020, the government has provided flexibility for UNS, both when it comes to opening new Study Programs (Prodi), as well as in financial and asset management. It was showed by the stipulation of Sebelas Maret University as a Legal Entity State University (PTN BH). Based on Government Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia Number 56 of 2020 concerning Legal Entity State Universities. October 6, 2020.
One of the real steps taken in order to realize a good corporate university is the implementation of the “UNS ACTIVE” work culture, namely:
- Achievement orientation, The ability to work well and strive to exceed the established achievement standards, result oriented and continuously make efforts to achieve excellence.
- Customer satisfaction, The ability to help or serve others or meet the needs of service users, both internally and externally
- Team work, The ability to work with other people, both in large teams and small teams within the scope of the institution
- Integrity, the compatibility of word and actions, the ability to describe intentions, ideas and feelings and translate completely into actions based on sincerity, loyalty, a high sense of responsibility and commitment to the progress of the organization in line with the vision and mission of UNS
- Visionary, The ability to set new goals when the set targets have been achieved and also long-term oriented, including the ability to adapt to changes in the environment and easily accept changes in the institution
- Entrepreneurship, The ability to process existing resources into products and services that have added value and seek benefits/advantages from opportunities that have not been developed by others.